Substance Source

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

How can we improve Substance Source?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Material request - more medieval period materials

Greetings,

I am creating a medieval merchant house in Blender, SP and UE4 and do not want to spend long hours making new materials if possible. I would like to use premade Substance materials from Substance Source and Share wherever possible.

But in my opinion there are not enough varieties of medieval period materials such as

old faded wood
    old stone walls
    old brick
    old roof tiles materials

Gametextures.com do some nice medieval materials but of course any competition is a benefit to the consumer.

thanks,
    James

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Substance source available to SP subscribers too (as separate/additional subscription?)

Can Substance source please be made available to all i.e. not just Substance subscribers. For example I have Substance Painter and B2M, but do not need Substance Designer, so it's not worth me getting the whole Substance Package. But I'd like to have the option to use Substance Source for SP work. It could be offered to SP subscribers for an additional cost or separate subscription or something. Hey, more revenue for you guys!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sell material packages with discount

Sometimes you add a package of materials on Substance Source, for example recent SSS skin textures or Chris Hodgson's pack. Why not offer entire pack for discounted price? For example if the whole pack costs 30 point (1 for each material) - if you buy full pack, then get a discount 5 points...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Landscape substances (Real and stylized)

As the title says. More rock surfaces for cliffs and mountains or hills (these are the hardest to get) , more grass variety more dirt variety, dirt roads, forest grounds etc etc ? Both real and stylized.

I wont hide that i sub mostly for the substances You offer in the substance source library and b2m, since i am not an artist at all :). I mostly do a programming so all textures i use depend on what You and the other sources like gametextures offer in their store :).

I really notice a real lack of terrain surface materials…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expand "View 3D" with control over the Substance Parameters

As it says, it'd be nice to have ability to control the exposed parameters of a substance inside the 3D preview. Also Add option to select the preview object (material sphere, UV sphere, cube, cylinder, plane..)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More stylized/toony materials

Stuff that seems like it could be in TLOZ Wind waker, Guilty Gear Xrd, Dota 2, LoL and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display the type and published properties of the sbsars...

... on their download pages.

To play around with these values and display them in the browser plugin would be great. On the old substance database page, there was the type of the sbs displayed, image or generator based, showing the type of the sbs/sbsar would be great as well....

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are looking into a solution to let users control the exposed parameters of the materials directly in the browser, but have to find solutions to some issues before being able to implement it

8. Personalized Collections

It would be very helpful to be able to place materials I am interested in downloading into "Saved Collections." Ideally, I could place the contenders into sub-folders to organize my desired content. This is a common service offered by other resource websites like Getty and Shutterstock.

It's wonderful that there are so many material choices, but remembering one from the other after looking at many is nigh impossible. Enabling users to create personal collections would dramatically improve workflow. It would make it easier for team members to present options and cull the choices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Source

Feedback and Knowledge Base