Substance Source

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

How can we improve Substance Source?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Texture set List - Control over the texture resolution

It would be great to be able to set your texture map resolution like all high or all low resolution by a single slider perhaps.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Food materials.

I would like to see some food materials on Substance Source. Bread, cake, vegatables, fruit..

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save a small preview with sbsar file automatically.

I can not save a small preview (ball). Right click does not work. It's very inconvenience. Please add a small preview (ball), when downloading sbsar file.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Synchronise button in Substance Painter for Substance Source

It would be great to have our material library synchronised to our own shelf from our account. if you are logged in a different place, different computer, your materials will be always there, you don't have to open substance source again and download them again, over and over.
    It would be very useful to have that feature in Painter.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bulk material purchase

Allow purchasing of material packs in one go without having to choose every material individually and also way to download these material collections. For example the new skin collection that came out. If I'm a character artist I might want to get them all and add them to a project in one go instead of spending ages going through one by one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tree and plant materials

Would like to see some tree and plant materials - organic elements suitable for texturing trees, plants, and flowers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Jade material

Would like a jade material suitable for use with Subsurface Scattering. Can you release the jade material shown in the SSS documentation (https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/spdoc/subsurface-material-type-172818959.html) and a richer, darker green variant?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Substance source available to SP subscribers too (as separate/additional subscription?)

Can Substance source please be made available to all i.e. not just Substance subscribers. For example I have Substance Painter and B2M, but do not need Substance Designer, so it's not worth me getting the whole Substance Package. But I'd like to have the option to use Substance Source for SP work. It could be offered to SP subscribers for an additional cost or separate subscription or something. Hey, more revenue for you guys!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Owned materials

when searching subs source, put owned materials at the top of the list, it makes it much easier to see which ones i actually own in certain category or using the search function. instead of all at once and using the search function does not even take into account you in a certain category

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sell material packages with discount

Sometimes you add a package of materials on Substance Source, for example recent SSS skin textures or Chris Hodgson's pack. Why not offer entire pack for discounted price? For example if the whole pack costs 30 point (1 for each material) - if you buy full pack, then get a discount 5 points...

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Personalized Collections

It would be very helpful to be able to place materials I am interested in downloading into "Saved Collections." Ideally, I could place the contenders into sub-folders to organize my desired content. This is a common service offered by other resource websites like Getty and Shutterstock.

It's wonderful that there are so many material choices, but remembering one from the other after looking at many is nigh impossible. Enabling users to create personal collections would dramatically improve workflow. It would make it easier for team members to present options and cull the choices.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Display the type and published properties of the sbsars...

... on their download pages.

To play around with these values and display them in the browser plugin would be great. On the old substance database page, there was the type of the sbs displayed, image or generator based, showing the type of the sbs/sbsar would be great as well....

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expand "View 3D" with control over the Substance Parameters

As it says, it'd be nice to have ability to control the exposed parameters of a substance inside the 3D preview. Also Add option to select the preview object (material sphere, UV sphere, cube, cylinder, plane..)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Source

Feedback and Knowledge Base