Support to customers

How can we improve our support to customers?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Prioritize the documentation more

All substance apps right now to certain degree suffer of poor documentation. (Some areas lacking, new features not in the docs yet. Not to mention the docs basically not touching workflow at all)

It is nice that Allegorithmic is seeing a lot of effort with Academy/youtube in terms of education but documentation would/should be the easiest place to check something when you are working. But right now it isn't.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bridge to Rhino3d

Rhino3d or .3dm files are the only way / best solution to flatten / unroll a surface for my needs in card modeling. But when converted to a rhino nurb to use all the flattening/unrolling functions all UV information is destroyed and needs to be rebuilt. Using anything else such as pepakura designer will work but the quality of the end results are poor to say the least. Once the object is flattened you are extremely limited and have to resort to a vector program to texture your card model. The best way is to paint in Rhino3d on the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Program Idea: "Substance Explorer"(or Substance Manager). Very Needed.

(idea is laid out in attachment image)

*The image is a quick and dirty mockup to relay the idea and user need via problems we face and these ideas as potential solutions.*
    This idea extends beyond what I put into this image. The image contains the more important features we all need asap or will need.

I contacted Nicolas Liatti about this via Personal Forum Message at the regular Alleg. Forums. It's only been a day or so since I sent the message..so I don't expect a reply anytime too soon.

I am avoiding posting this image in the regular…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Very sketchy documentation for a fairly expensive app

New to B2M and struggling a bit. I have messed up the view layout and now cannot make anything work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Substance Painter license files not working on macOS Sierra

Downloaded license file for Painter 2 not working on macOS Sierra rendering Painter unusable. Help!

LeighGus@Mac.com

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please delete old tutorial videos on youtube chanel

Please delete old tutorial videos on youtube chanel, because when you start whatching tutorial videos and they about an old layout or interface.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Longer Login Period on the Website

Hope it fits in this category: Right now I have to log in pretty much every time I visit the allegorithmic websites. It's really annoying - a user should stay logged in for a couple days at least. Even sites with way more sensitive content allow that.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Steam License Sync problem

I have B2M 2.2, Substance Designer 4, and Substance Painter all purchased on Steam a long time ago. I decided to use your Steam SYNC process on your website to load my licenses, but only Substance Designer and Painter show up. Why does my Bitmap2Material not show up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Substance Live(?) Software

Well idea is basically to create new "master" software with what you can update/install/remove one or all substance softwares in pc.

Similar softwares:
    - Battle.net
    - Steam
    - Unreal Launcher
    etc. you get idea.

Mostly needed features would be background update downloader (and patch notes) and news whats happening (like front page in website).

Also Substance Share would be nice to be intergrated for client but not nessecary.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a wiki to document features and best practices

It would be great if Allegorithmic created a wiki open to users contribution to document tools features and best practices.

Video tutorials are good but not always the best resource to learn how to use the tools. With video it's hard to go back to a specific detail in a procedure. A wiki would also be very good to document the use of the many filters in detail. Learners often have a hard time to figure out what all the filters do and what their use is.

User-driven wiki have proved to be a very useful resource in many systems.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Support to customers

Feedback and Knowledge Base