Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Same features and UX for SBSAR materials between Painter and Designer

If you have ever created a SBSAR material for Painter you may have noticed that the experience of using it in Designer and in Painter is pretty different. There is a bunch of specificities in Painter you have to know in order to make it work as you wish – when possible – and once that done you discover that the UI of your material is not exactly what you had at the beginning in Designer.

Not only this is disturbing (after all it is the same material that is manipulated) but as a material designer it requires quite a…

33 votes
    Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color Picker with SRGB and Linear color codes

Currently we cant save a color to a palette or copy an SRGB/Linear hex color code to quickly apply exact same colours between programs and layers.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. quickly load multiple existing Udim textures

quickly load multiple existing Udim textures

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improvement to Material Picker Tool - ability to pick from user-defined set of channels instead of all underlying channels

Current Material Picker Tool (Shortcut: P) picks all channels under the user cursor. Allow user to "lock" specific channels, so that it only picks for ex. "color" or "height" etc. (or combination of channels).

The "Color Picker" tool does this already with "Base Color" channel. The problem with Color Picker is that
    A) it doesnt have a shortcut and has to be accessed via separate UI
    B) can only pick color

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 8k and possibly 16k texture resolution support

We are working with 3D scans and photogrammetry and current 4k limit is prohibitive in most cases.

I guess there are a lot of potential customers in film/TV/HQ rendering or even next-gen game industries who would say the same.

123 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 379 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  99 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hex color with copy/paste

Right now you have RGB and HSV values, but it would be really useful to have a corresponding box with the equivalent color value in hex like #82174D. Photoshop has this functionality, and the value of this feature is that you can copy/paste this hex number from another source like Photoshop or a palette generator like http://paletton.com/ without having to edit every RGB or HSV value. Way faster for building palettes.

This would work great with an "add to swatch"-type feature as well, but there are several suggestions here to add that already.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Color Palette

I would like to have a color palette were I can save all my base colors. At the moment the color picker doesn't quite pick the colors from my model 100% due to shading and maybe some other issues.

Maybe add the palette to the Base Color color window.

128 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color wheel with other color modes

Similar to what MODO has for their color wheel. SO USEFUL to see complimentary colors, Analogous colors. you can really add a lot to your textures by seeing these colors defined.

http://blog.anastasiy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Plate_smaller81.jpg

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. sRGB Colour Integers 0-255

This missing feature puzzles me and causes me to jump into a program like Modo where it has BOTH RGB and HDR values for colours (for those who have modo you know what I'm talking about) and copy the decimal values for colours. Shouldn't have to do this at all. Will make texturing a lot easier for us if we have rgb values and have the option to switch to Floats in the colour picker. I also come from Photoshop which I occasionally use.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto Updater or Update Button

Please add an automatic update routine to Substance Painter. Or include a button to manually perform the check for new updates and downloading and installing them.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unlimited User Channels

Not being limited in the amount of User Channels (It's limited to 8 now) in Substance Painter.

It could be very useful to export many different texture masks to use them in S. Designer.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Feedback and Knowledge Base