Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Settings request: ability to set the value which affect sliders when pressing up and down arrow

Currently, you can edit sliders by cliking on the number and than pressing up and down arrows to edit the value by steps. But in any case, this steps are to big and so this feature is useless. Maybe you can let the user set this steps by itself in the settings

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option request: "Don't show shortcut info panel"

Please make ad option to disable it. When you know well the sofware, is frustrating to have that pop-up panel that cover 1/3 of the viewport just fot ìtell you shortcut that you already know

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A new "Use materials (mat IDs) to generate" option which would give you two choices:

A new "Use materials to generate" option which would give you two choices:
    1, "Texture sets" which would work exactly as it does now. Imported polygon material IDs would be used to separate single object into multiple texture sets. Which mostly does not make sense, but someone may still need it.
    2, "Masking IDs" which would use the imported polygon material IDs to bake ID mask texture, and then would import each object inside the file as a single texture set with already generated ID mask texture. The ID option in the Baking window would then be unchecked by default…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [插件 - resources-updater] No project open, resources updater discarded

[插件 - resources-updater] No project open, resources updater discarded

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple Export Paths

Allow for multiple export paths with different configs for each path to be configured in the Export window.

Example: We need to export some textures with 512x textures to the Unity project for in-game use, but we'd like to export 1k or 2k textures of the same project to a folder outside of the project for rendering in Modo (the renders are used for the UI). And it's not just resolution - while we don't need the emissive maps in Unity (since the emission is done via code/shader), we'd like to use the emissive texture from Painter in Modo for…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Palette window proposal (With image example)

Hi.

I'm missing some important color palette functions in Substance Painter. Additionally I would like to have my palette always open to pick colors from.

I think my attached proposal is self explaining. My layout is not perfect, but helps to understand what I would like to have in the future.

Thank you
    Chris

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lock Transparency

It would be nice, especially now that Adobe is there, if there was an ability to lock layers properties such as transparency like in Photoshop. I have found that sometimes I want to paint over something I have previously painted but not want to run over the area that was already painted. I know we can create masks for this but I feel that locking layer properties would make this easier and faster.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Up and down arrow to cycle through SBSAR presets

Pressing up or down when you have the preset dropdown active on a Material or Filter to cycle through presets - like how you can do it on layer blending modes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Problems resources

I have a problem with the last version (2019) and I usually work in other version but I buy the license indie and install the new version and now i can work in subtances because the uv's move the plece when rote the model. So please, fix the problem. And help the custumers with this kind the mistakes

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. UV transformations available for brush's material

Be able to resize UV of a material in the brush without having to resize the brush itself.
    Make the uv material "independent" from the brush size

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple Axis Symmetry

The ability to enable multiple axis symmetry is an essential part of texturing hard surface assets. Substance's own tutorial demonstrates why this is needed: https://youtu.be/n5_bwLc3oYU?t=190 Without multi-axis symmetry, twice as much work is required. I believe there is lots of community support for this idea already, but all those previous feature requests were hard or soft declined due to multiple ideas in the same post. Thanks so much for your consideration. :-)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Clear Mask" should not remove the effects stack - rather only the hand-painted part

The "clear mask" option doesn't make much sense currently - there is nearly no use case for it. It removes the content, and the effects stack on the mask.
    If the users should ever want this, they could simply use "remove mask" and add a new one.

But in most workflows you rather have a complex effects stack, and some hand painted strokes on top of it. So once you update the mesh (or exchange it completely) you would want to remove the paint strokes, but keep the effects stack.

Right now there are only unpractical workarounds for this. One…

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stencil invert

I would like to request the ability to invert the stencil. (not the brush color). Right now i have duplicate the maps and invert them in another package.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow materials on shelf to be renamed

SBSAR materials cannot be renamed on the shelf - they are "locked" to whatever was placed into the Substance Archive at export time.

However, many material creators (even ones available for sale commercially) leave default names in their archives - for example, underscores instead of spaces.

I'd like to be able to rename them to clean up my shelf.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. USD support

https://graphics.pixar.com/usd/docs/index.html

Including animated samples (alembic) to check/paint the look on different frames (that would require simple timeline too).

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Histogram in Painter

It would be awesome to be able to show the Histogram of the image or selected layer. Possible in Designer (2D View), but not in Painter..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make a tool to import all exported maps

When working with many objects it can be time consuming to connect up all the maps in the 3d application this script for 3ds max does a great job but its only for vray and its not updated anymore. something like this for all the major renders would be great

https://hocuspocus-studio.fr/tools/product/substance-to-maxvray/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to ignore UV errors upon import (maybe flag them also)

I work in a big VFX studios and many times, deadlines and exchange of geometry across studios, force you not to always have 2000 uv perfect shells.
    Sometimes we would be happy to ignore a few overlapping borders for example.

Please allow us to import models by ignoring UV errors so to speed up execution and production.

Thanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show in the viewport which texture you are working on.

With a lot of texture set/udims, you can loose track on which texture set you are currently on. Show it on the viewport to keep track of it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base