Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Ability to export meshes with different LOD | Using automatic smart Ai learning for LOD creation

Ability to export meshes, from inside Painter, different Level Of Detail. Internal Ai tool that learns (using cloud) and became smarter. That automatically re-mesh decimating mesh and tessellation considering correctly the vertex normals. In this way, we can export different LOD.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conserve Showing and Hiding extra meshes Texture Set List panel setup in (Iray) Rendering!

Ability to conserve the "Texture Set List" panel setup when rendering in Iray. Many times import extra surface (as for example extra mesh for ambient occlusion) that is shown up in the rendering, making the rendering not useful for presentation. And is not pósible to reimport the mesh without the extra mesh. We wish to hide extra meshes in the same way we use to do in the 3D editor. But the Texture Set List setup is not conserved when rendering. And there is no way to hide in rendering extra objects. This makes the super awesome Iray unuseful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to use individual alphas per brush channel

I have a situation where I want to have a set height value, apply an alpha, and stamp it onto the model, but at the same time also stamp a flat color in exactly the same place with its own (different) alpha.

The way I've seen brushes work until now has been that you can only have one alpha for the entire brush, and if you want to do anything more than that, you actually have to custom-build input images for each channel to give the correct values, thus not letting me set a value just using the height slider…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warning on unexpected export result when attempting to export a texture map.

For example Unity Preset Export, exporting into format PNG, have a warning for texture map metallicsmoothness ("This export format PNG does not support none transparency Alpha channel.")

I worded unexpected because Albedotransparency will be completely fine but everything else won't be when it is relevant to the alpha channel when exporting to PNG.

*If something like this is already in Painter, please make it more opaque to the user."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Group Texture Sets

Make group for Texture Sets so we can group UDIMs depending on object parts.
    And make an option to show Flat Texture Sets (without groups).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. backup and reimport customized hotkey

for example I use painter both at home and in the office. it would be awesome to be able to backup and reimport customized hotkey. so I wouldn't need to do the setting twice. and if I get a new computer I could easily get my setting back.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. denoising in iray

Denoising with Iray was presented in GDC 2017 : https://youtu.be/yPJaWvxnYrg?t=156

Could we have this deeplearning denoiser feature integrated to painter ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Arma 3 Renderer

It would be nice to have an Arma 3 Renderer included in Substance Painter. At the Moment its nearly impossible to create Textures for ArmA with Substance Painter. After the Export the Colors are so Offset that u would need to make completly different textures in Substance Painter to get the right textures exported.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [one click button] Set size for all texture sets

It would be nice to see one-click button that will set size for all texture sets to one size. It will help a lot on iray rendering workflow. Currently, when you have textures sets with big (4k) resolution navigation and changing lighting conditions is very hard to modify, PC is slowing down. Clicking one by one and changing it from high to low nad vice versa is time-consuming. I attached an image with a preview of idea.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add more lights to the Baked lights filter

It would be great to have the chance to add more lights to the baked light Stylized filter to cover the whole area

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Abillity to use tessellated mesh as highpoy for baking

Everything's in the tile ;)
    Would be nice if we could bake the Mesh Maps using the displaced version as high poly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add blending modes to filters

Perhaps they would benefit from the added options. Can't let generator, paint, and fill have all the fun.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The layer seach tool

Sometimes the layer is too many to find,If it have a tool can seach the layer‘s name then It's much more convenient.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the option for enabling/disabling backface culling

Add the option for enabling/disabling backface culling when painting in the 3D view

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Filters renaming

Hey guys! Add ability to rename all filters (not only Paint one). Just a case... I have few blur filters on a layer, each of them for the specific channel (albedo, rough etc), but all of them named like Blur, Blur, Blur... not very informative. And it could be useful for any filters. just make it generic, if you could rename one of them, make it for all other too!

p.s. I think it's a good idea to add Rename option to context menu.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One Click Automatic Unwrap like 3dsmax "Flatten Mapping"

Many low importance objects and even many hard surface ones do not require any special unwrapping. One click auto unwrap like 3dsmax "Flatten Mapping" is exactly what they need and would save a lot of time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to export to .tex for renderman support

When working in a renderman pipeline it would be helpful to be able to export to .tex natively from Painter & Designer. It may also be helpful to export .tex and another format in parallel (.tif for example) so the texture can also be viewed in packages other than renderman.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select or find layer by name.

A search text box prompt to filter or select all layers with the specified text in their name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export both textures and material values in glTF

Export either textures, or standard material values for plain color materials.

For example:
    When you have a model with 2 materials. 1 opaque material, 1 semi transparent glass material. The glass material usually has a plain color and standard values on the entire texture set. There's no need to have it as a texture, it could also be defined as values in the material.
    It would be great to have the ability to choose only to export the texture set for the opaque material and have the values for the second, 'basic' material defined in the gltf material properties itself.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sliders and values remain editable after pressing enter, like UE4

When you edit a value in UE4 it remain selected after pressing enter so, if you doing "try and error" (that is very common also in Substance Painter), you can continiously type in numbers without reselecting the value each time. I would like to see this in all your sofwares, but expecially in Painter

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base