Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Ability to add naming prefix to exported texture files

I often export multiple color sets for objects (ie different colors on a set of furniture). I would like the ability on export to add a short prefix to the front of the file names for the given expor so that when i am going to use the files later it is easier to distinguish which color files are which at a glance without having to have 10 different folders with all the files named the same. It would not need to be long - 5 or 6 characters max would be fine.

so instead of $textureSet_diff the output file…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bake multiple selected textures without baking entire scene

I often work with very large scenes with many textures. Sometimes I only need to rebake 3 or 4 out of 20. I would like to be able, rather than having to rebake each separately, be able to say rebake these 4 textures and not the rest. This would allow me to work more efficiently.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to add filters to folders

Would be great to be able to use filters on folders. For example, I have a complex decal already built and all its components live on a folder, for some reason I want to move to translate it around the model so I just want to do it quickly instead of going to all my layers of materials. Would be a great time saver.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. change all export size options at once

I would like the option to be able to change all export sizes to one size all at once. instead right now I have to chose each one and change its export size to the correct size before I export.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. About IRAY

I hope to increase the ability of iray to render video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expose channel name as output expression

Right now we can only name maps with project, mesh, or texture set variables but it would be great to expose the channel name as a variable. This would be super handy when making custom user channels for things like masks. Those channel names are usually very specific and ideally that name appears in the output texture.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Render iRay lightmap 2DView

Hello,
    It will be fine if it's possible to export texture with lighting and shadowing from iRay rendering !

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Blur with Curvature baking

It's really useful to have Blur with Curvature baking.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate 3DConnexion and extend shadow package lighting

I work with both programs and find the possibilities very good.
    But I wish I had two.
    Since I am a CAD designer, I also work with 3DConnexion's SpaceMouse Enterprise. Here it would be very good to integrate it, because then it would be possible to work more fluently while moving the model.
    I export the textures as PSD and TGA to use them in CinemaR20 and EEP Railwayxe from Trend. Here I have a problem with the export of materials. This is the case with steel, bronze, copper and so on, if I don't use Baket Lighting. If I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Off-screen Layer Blend Dropdown

With dual displays, (especially on my home setup with a huion display and 4k monitor) the layer blending dropdown list shows up too often on the other display when the layer is halfway down the list (or all the time on my huion when I have desktop scaling above 100% for my 4k monitor). It's very annoying when painter is on a pen display.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3D Linear gradient improvements

Would be useful to automatically sample position map when using 3D position start / end pickers instead of having to view the position map channel then go back to the material to see the changes

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color Picker with SRGB and Linear color codes

Currently we cant save a color to a palette or copy an SRGB/Linear hex color code to quickly apply exact same colours between programs and layers.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reset Query to Default + Searchbox could use a space

This is extraordinarily nitpicky, but this is something I run into with every use:
    After I've been stacking on some sub Generators, Filters, ect I'll naturally hit the Rest Query to Default button in the the searchbox. However, one very minor inconvenience is that the default reset state for searchboxes doesn't include a space to separate the user's search query from the preset filter text. (E.g. "u:generator") So if you were to start typing into search for something, it gets added to that string and invalidates the search. Obviously, like everyone already does, hitting space before starting to type fixes…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use different fonts with the text tool

I absolutely love the text tool that was added recently, however it's definitely still not a complete tool. I would love the functionality of being able to add my own installed fonts with the tool, specifically when generating alphas to paint with. My current workflow is to create my own alphas in Photoshop with my own fonts, then export those and import the alphas to painter, but it could be sped up so much.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "antiscopy" to alpha shape parameters to allow for a circle to become an oval brush

I would like to stamp/draw with an oval brush alpha (with tilt angle) and have control of that in the Parameters section along side the existing Hardness

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Polygon Fill should have a brush option (paint polys with LMB held down) and/or a free shape lasso like 3dCoat.

Hold LMB and drag around to select polys...like painting. Current square only Marquee is very primitive and quite slow method of selection.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deterministic Random mode for ID color generator

Each time the ID baker runs, if the Color Generator is set to Random, you get a different result each time. So, if you have to rebake your ID mesh map, it invalidates anything you have setup based on ID colors.

It would be great if this was deterministic, based on Mesh ID or File ID at least, and perhaps based on a seed parameter that could be tweaked.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. VFX Templates - V-Ray, Renderman, Arnold, Shader Representations.

When making a new project in substance painter, we need to be able to choose a VFX friendly template.

There should be accurate shader representations of common shaders used in VFX such as Renderman's PxrSurface, VRayMaterial and so on.

This will make things much better for VFX artsts.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need Isometric View in Iray

When some of us are creating things in substance painter we need to be able to get certain angles perfect for every shot. I do a lot of isometric stuff and I think some other people do it too. I need to be able to capture a image in Isometric view instead of trying to fine the right spot with the camera every time. There no way to save a certain angle for letter projects. Give us isometric view or a way to save a certain angle shot for future projects in IRAY.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base