Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Anchor point support for PBR material layering pipeline

would be great to have anchor points working in material layering pipline as well. At the moment it works only within layers of each material.This would allow users to use anchor point across other layers used in other materials.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resolution export checklist

Hi, I came up with an idea for a, (RESOLUTION EXPORT CHECKLIST), sometimes with a multiple texture list, it will get kind of hard to remember resolution for export, for example, when I go to export, sometimes I would have to flip back and forth to see what item to pick for a certain resolution, I know i can pick the resolution before I go to export, but my computer slows down. So that is why I came up with a (RESOLUTION EXPORT CHECKLIST), and at the same time keeping my computer fast and snappy. Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save scene set up.

Currently, all texture sets are on by default. I've been having performance issues as some of the sets on my asset are quite heavily populated. Ideally, I would be able to save the scene in a state where only one (for example) of the texture sets is visible which will save me time when opening the heavy scene as at the minute, I have to wait to swap texture sets and then turn off everything I don't want visible. Also saving which map type (from the drop down Layers list) would be useful. Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add anchor points to Color Selection filter

Add Anchor point support for the Color selection filter.
    This would allow controlling material placements from a single layer by painting your own color id maps (in absence of a baked color ID map) and easy tweaking of the baked color ID map. No more hunting for the right mask layer in the layer stack.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. On/off pressure sensitivity by hotkey or click

I want this button to be faster. So switching state with Alt+LMB or MMB would be nice.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export Layered Textures/Shading network option

Hello everyone,
    I've been using painter for a bit. The worflow inside painter is great, allowing to generate really good textures/shaders quickly with great quality.

This is the short version of what below:
    1) Can we have an export layered texture or network shader option?
    2) Can we bring the network building shader capability from designer into Painter?

The long version:
    Basically I've arrived in painter cause doing this kind of work in Maya is VERY clunky, networks get cluttered very quickly and previewing what you're doing would need constant rendering. The viewport preview is very very poor.

Painter then…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Integrate Github Version Control into Substance Painter 2017

Now that Substance Painter (2017 as of this writing) has become another go-to tool for many. I suggest the integration of Github into Substance Painter going forward.

Autosave, to me, is better than nothing. But a robust and best practice method would be to have Github integration. By far the most popular version control system.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Package Resource & Additional Maps Shelf Inspection

Debugging Painter Bitmap resources and additional maps is challenging. I often bake all my maps in Designer first for this reason. It would be nice if we could do the following in Painter:

- RMB over an image resource in the shelf and see more information (Source resolution, format, depth, etc). Sometimes bakes aren't the correct resolution or depth, and it's often hard to tell.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Navigation presets

It would be nice to have a choice of navigation presets for various 3d programs that people are familiar with... Blender, Maya, 3DMax, etc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change the preview globle textureset size

Hi~ First of all,thanks for make such amazing texture tools,and there is some sugestion of substance painter:
    When we want to change the preview texture size ,we need changed one by one textureset,can you guys add
    a tool which can change the globle texture size ? That will be very helpful,Thanks again!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need ZY flip for Up-xais OBJ

Need ZY flip for Up-xais OBJ ( Max/Maya )

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shelf should read Windows direct access links

I find this very useful for organizational purposes and should not be costly to develope. In ZBrush you can create a windows direct access file in your default ZBrush projects, tools, ... folders linking another folder in your hard drive . ZBrush follow the link, access the content of that folder and show that in Lightbox. Say I have a folder in my hard drive with grayscale alphas for ZBrush and other apps. Using direct acess links I can access this folder from ZBrush, SP, etc., otherwise I would need to duplicate those images everywhere.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Units setup for tools, brushes and mesh.

It would be great if proper units could be implemented through the application. For example, by setting real-world scale on the mesh, brushes and smart materials.

It's easy to go "scale blind" when working close on a model for days. Being able to, for example, set scratches as 1mm wide and drips as 0.5cm wide would be awesome and help creating a realistic model.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. pencil tools just like in photoshop

I have to back to use the old manual photoshop way to do the perfect pixel alignment and this is really slow us

the pic below create in photoshop

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Eliminate Morae Pattern

High frequency tileable height map patterns for things like textiles create a morae pattern in the viewport when viewed at a distance. The antialiasing post effect makes the morae pattern slightly more blurry, but does very little in terms of eliminating it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide Seams Layer

In the layers panel, there are options for adding a paint, fill, smart material, etc.

I would like to suggest adding a "Hide Seams" option that would create a paint layer that is set up to paint over seams.

But, I'd like it to be smarter than manually creating a paint layer where I have to manually change all of the channels to "Passthrough."

When I do it manually, there doesn't seem to be a way that I can create a brush that includes all of the effects that have been layered on the object.

So when I begin to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Photoshop Export Document Size

The Photoshop Export should have a Document Size drop down selector (like the "Export Document") to export at any size without the need to switch the project view to the required export size.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Notes' Section

a small type-field for 'Notes' relating to what a specific layer is doing. Often when sharing .spp files across team members, it is difficult to ascertain what each layer is responsible for.

Think of Maya's Notes section at the base of the Geometry's Attribute Editor.

As this would be a 'per-layer' feature, a small icon on the layer could indicate that there are notes attached

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Interface for Channel Blend and Opacity in the Layers panel

Improve Interface for Channel Blend and Opacity in the Layers panel.

See the original suggestion (by henriquedw) and some discussion in this forum thread:
    https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,13676.0.html

The current interface is non-intuitive and inefficient.

Having to pick the Channel dropdown first, far away from where the blend mode and opacity are shown, is obscure. And if you want to double-check your blend modes, you have to keep picking the Channel dropdown.

The brilliant solution proposed by henriquedw looks much more intuitive and it also efficiently displays all your modes at a glance, and it makes good use of currently unused screen real…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base