How can we improve Substance Painter?

Gradient map

I would love a gradient map tool, just like substance designers. It is so awesome, and the baseline for almost all stylized work. Could be an option for fill layers, perhaps?

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
casperwermuth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • alexander.helsing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Gradient Tool, the one like in SD is very much needed in SP! Many other painting softwares have this. I know there are other ways to work to get the similar results but it takes longer time and you can't even get close to the result that you could have got with such a gradient map tool.

• alexander.helsing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HapZungLam, that is just a workaround you are talking about... We need the gradient editor inside Painter to quickly adjust Hue, Saturation and Values. Would love to see this inside of Substance Painter. The gradient filter inside of Painter now needs to get a big fat upgrade. We need to be able to place out pins on gradient map. Exactly like inside of Designer, also Photoshop had this for as long I can remember.

• midnight.presets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use gradient maps for texturing ALL THE TIME. i LOVE the gradient map from designer, please, please add this to painter allegorithmic! this is SO useful for texturing and adding subtle colors to your textures.

• HapZungLam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you may export a substance out from designer. Simply make a new "painter filter" graph in designer and put any filter/generator/noise map through the input/output and export it as an sbsar. If it is a filter type, drag and drop it under the filters tab in painter. If it is a noise map, then put it into procedural and so on

• leslievandenbroeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 i`d like to be able to use these gradientmaps ontop of my stack to affect layers underneath it
    also having a shelf for the gradients you create would be great so they`re easy to reuse. (maybe also do this for colors)

Feedback and Knowledge Base