How can we improve Substance Painter?

export different texture size per texture

in some cases its not desired to have all textures at the full resolution, so it would be nice to be able to specify each texture size in the export template rather than having all exported at the full resolution and then needing to reduce the size in an external software.

53 votes
Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Grauer Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with All Right Reserved
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • snake_eyess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not sure if this is exactly the same, but it does fall under exporting...

Add the function to be able to export different file types (i.e. custom file type settings per channel)

for instance, out sRGB channels we usually export to .PNG
    and our displace and height we export to 32bit .exr.

so at the moment we are doing multiple exports and then using only a select few maps from each. This is a waste of time and space, that could be done in one action

• monah62rus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can also add to this and export a specific texture from the entire set of textures for export. Sometimes you need to re-only the corrected normal picture or just the height map and so on. As well as the possibility to set the resolution for certain textures when exporting is different, in the case of normal maps and albedo, you can export simple jpeg textures to save space, while PNG and TGA are needed to save space. Now I manually edit all this in Photoshop every time.

• ederdesouzadesigner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this feature added to substance Painter.
    The ability to baking different maps size at once e leave the computer working , it would save a lot of time.

• Jconrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Thank you for suggesting this. I find myself making multiple export profiles just to export with different settings. I'm going to make a similar suggestion about file format--Like I want most things as .JPG but want my normal map as a .PNG.

• vm modeling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in some cases its not desired to have all textures at the full resolution, so it would be nice to be able to specify each texture size in the export template rather than having all exported at the full resolution and then needing to reduce the size in an external software.

Feedback and Knowledge Base