How can we improve Substance Painter?

Reload mesh button.

It would be nice to have a dedicated (plugin like) button that can reload project mesh on the fly. So that whenever I make changes to the mesh reloading the project mesh would be more convinient.

45 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

staughost shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • smischneya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this please!
    its pretty annoying to have to keep going into my project configuration.

maybe show the mesh in the "project" section where all the generated textures (normal, occlusion, curvature etc) and you can right click on it and reload ( just like textures)

• 3rton93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm all for the idea but this sounds more like something that should be done in the plug-in API rather than software feature. Or rather I guess something they would rather like to be there than in the source. (Considering the incremental save and auto-save are plugins (?))

I can't use python, though, and haven't studied the API so I've got no clue whether it is possible or not. (I guess we've already seen saving stuff is so it is just whether the API allows loading in project mesh or not) I'm fairly sure it would be, though.

• staughost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Maya Gameworks 0 Sure it can brake the project but that is why you would have a button and not an instant mesh reload. I am pretty sure that if mesh reloading would brake something there would not be and reload mesh in unreal engine. Also since there is auto back in painter it could make autosave before mesh reload so nothing would destroy your work :)

• a_mattano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing the mesh is hard to find and destructive. "Import mesh in project" option gives you the ability to change the mesh or import adding new ones

Feedback and Knowledge Base