How can we improve Substance Painter?

Be able to use the "down and up arrow key" to change the "blending mode" in "Layers Panel"

There are times where I'm looking for the right blending mode in the for a layer. I find it that you have to click the blending mode button every time, rather than just using the down or up arrow keys.

Doing this will save uneccessary clicks.

51 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OliverPewPewPew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • hansolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It takes ages to chose a blending modes. Very frustrating. Many of us have been waiting for such a feature for ages. When one clicks on a Layer's blending mode and the blendings menu is open, we can scroll through the list with the arrow keys and every time a blending mode is highlighted, we see its effect in the scene. **** this feature is a must have guys.

• keepermk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 JohannTheCreator commented · July 3, 2016 1:04 AM ·

Good Idea. But I would rather have it the photoshop way where you hover over the list and can use the scroll wheel on my mouse to cycle through them.

• Maya Gameworks 0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wueeeelp, this just goes to show SP has a huge shortcut problem. As a blender user I find this infuriating. But I can understand that this might not be as trivial as it feels.

• ilm1429 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update? I still can't cycle quickly with keyboard or mouse in SP 2017.1

• evanricard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see something like the up and down keys being used to navigate texturesets.

• JohannTheCreator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good Idea. But I would rather have it the photoshop way where you hover over the list and can use the scroll wheel on my mouse to cycle through them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base