Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!
Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

How can we improve Substance Painter?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 2D View cannot be output

2D View cannot be output
    The output is an all black picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A few ideas

Just wanted to say I love substance painter and it's helped me so much, there's just some things I really want to see pushed and improved upon in new updates.

Allow painting across multiple object UDIM's.
    It would be amazing if you could set up a paint operation that would apply any effects across multiple UV tiles at the same time, say you had an object with 3 tiles, 1001, 1002 and 1003, but wanted a seamless texture painted across all 3, you could set it up to allow that, instead of choosing one then another then another, it currently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a Curvature map Channel

As you made for Ambient occlusion could you add a Curvature channel.

With this channel we can tweaks and add information how are taken in generators.
    For exemple when we use a tool like ***** bolt. We could have Color, Height , AO etc + curvature. And this will be understand by generators.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Substance Painter strengths and weaknesses

There are so many things that make Substance Painter great, and still so many holes in technique that things like Photoshop have been doing forever. These are some problems.

1 ) Need to merge Texture Sets
    2 ) Merge selected layers together
    3 ) create a mask so you can isolate part of a model and not accidentally ruin another part (like in Zbrush)
    4 ) isolate part of the model alone, so you can move around it, like again in Zbrush This is a strong feature because without it you can't do things like isolate part of an animal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Idea List

Idea list

1. Like in Maya when editing a numerical value directly rather than by way of a slider the value remains highlighted after it's edited. Makes for a much faster way of experimenting with different values.

2. Ability to merge layers. I get that this makes it difficult to remain non destructive, but I would be ok with that if I had the option to merge layers. This reduces memory load as well as clutter.

3. Ability to bounce texture to project shelf. Rather than needing to export the texture and re-import.

4. Save Colors/Color Wheel. A color wheel…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. off layer and folder don`t use more performance

multiple sets layer and folder has performance degradation.but i close other layer and folder just leave one paint layer,just 512*512size textuer still drawing Caton.May be close layer and folder no more performance?can we paint multiple tex in one project.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. stop nag screen on start up

So I have an Indie License, but maintenance period has expired.

Now every time I start substance I get a nag screen telling me my maintenance period has expired.

Can't find anywhere to tell the program to stop telling me the obvious, so where do I turn the nag screen off?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2018.1.0 UI is Awful

The UI redesign feels like a step back in almost every way.

Text just blurs together when I'm adjusting my mask generators. I have to carefully read through instead of quickly skimming.

The last UI was easy to read. Had obvious segments.

This 1 grey tone nonsense reduces my productivity by 25% just because of how everything blends together.

And the sliders are way too thin and now lack the vertical line segments that read 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc. Why would you remove this?! It used to be a smartly designed UI for quick changes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. About the 《Substance in Unity》PlugIn

Our game is developed with Unity and we currently want to use the newly released Substance in Unity plugin. It feels very convenient.
    But there is a doubt that we will use this plugin to leave the source .sbs file in the game. This will cause our source .sbs file to be easily exposed to others. It is very likely that it will be used for commercial purposes. Is there any way to do avoid this happening?
    For example, when the game is released, there is an easy way to turn the .sbs file into a image format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Wacom pen tablet wrong mapping in Substance Painter

Wacom pen tablet buttons are perceived wrong in Substance Painter. First couple of minutes everything is working fine, but suddenly RMB on my pen becomes MMB. Don't have such lag in PS, zbrush or any other program. Video of a problem.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-LzeT50pw

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG... Paint layer material properties disappear... 2018.1.0

I keep getting a bug and it's driving me nuts. Basically, when using paint layers after working on a project for a while, the material properties in the paint layers start to disappear. I can click between paint layers to try and restore them, but the material properties don't come back. The only way to restore them is to save and then re-load the project file. I can send you a video of this happening if it would help. Fill layers are fine, it only happens to paint layers.

Also, it would be great if each paint layer rembered it's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Site feedback: Why can't I buy SP and SD together in one transaction? Shopping cart has a 1-item limit for products that are in a suite?!

I chose Substance Painter Indie License from the BUY page, and it takes me to the shopping cart. There is no option to continue shopping so that I can also add Substance Designer Indie License. I would expect to see a recommendation to buy the other, but instead I can't buy them both together even if I want to. Please, make it easy like most shopping carts, and take my moneeeeyyyyy!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why do I have to reinstall every month and my license doesn't work EVERY MONTH so I have to troubleshoot, yet you still take my money?

Improve your subscription processes. I waste time every month troubleshooting the license to get the program to work. It's ridiculous!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Private licence

I'm not a developer and I'm not a student, but I like to create and I do so in hope to someday be able to do something more professional, but I live on around $80 per month and I know that many are in the same economical situation as me, so $20 for a Indie licence is a bit to expensive, so I want to to suggest a cheaper "hobbyist (nonprofit) Licence" or may sell the older version to a reduced or maybe fixed price when that version no longer is updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it rent to own. The way it was at first. :(

I had started the indie subscription for 19.99 a month in hopes that i would gradually be able to buy each software one at a time. I cant afford it all at one time. 2 months ago i was about to pay for substance painter thinking i could use the funds in my subscription only to find out i cant made me very upset. It was the reason i started the subscription in the first place. This is very upsetting to me and i have to wait a hole year before i can even afford to pay for something i…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: MacOS installer fails if App directory exists

$installer = "installer -pkg Substance_Painter-2017.1.0-1661-mac-x64-standard- full.pkg -target /"
    1. When SP is not yet installed, run: $installer
    2. Observe success
    3. Rerun $installer
    4. Observe failure
    5. rm -rf "/Applicatons/Substance Painter.app"
    6. Rerun $installer
    6. Observe success

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. symmetry, brush improvements

adjustable symmetry, brush angle snapping at 0°,45°,90° etc. on/off, flip active brush

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Newest Version crashes when selecting ID Map colour picker

Newest Version crashes when selecting ID Map colour picker

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Il y a un bug de raccourci clavier

Quand on met en raccourci clavier **** ou ctrl "<" sa ne marche pas ! Évidemment, je suis un français de France avec un Windows français et un clavier français ;-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Feedback and Knowledge Base