Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!

How can we improve Substance Painter?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Reload mesh button.

It would be nice to have a dedicated (plugin like) button that can reload project mesh on the fly. So that whenever I make changes to the mesh reloading the project mesh would be more convinient.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ruler/Line ability for 2d view

The idea is the ability to draw a straight line in the 2d view, which you can move around freely, rotate etc.
    This line can then function as a kind of measuring stick, or ruler.

Which can help you place things like bolts perfectly along a straight line, but at uneven spacing, or spacing which is more than 400 units apart.

Bonus features could be the ability to add points to the line, like evenly splitting it into 5 parts, free moving points or symmetrically placed points etc.

I think this can function amazingly as a guide, either as a…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicate/move a mask frow a layer to another

It would be great to be able to move a mask or duplicate it from a layer (or folder) to another, like in Photoshop. For example if I create a layer with a mask and then I want to add another layer that applies on the same areas.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Multiple UV sets for channels

- Possibility to choose from multiple UV sets for different channels (albedo, normal, AO,...) would be nice. In ArmA 3 we use 2.nd UVset for stuff like Ambient Occllusion, Macro maps, Detail textures. 1st UVset we use for Diffuse, Normal, etc.

This would really improve our workflow.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to see painted masks

I haven't found a way to do this yet, but it would be helpful if you could hover over a mask and the mask is shown on a bigger window, or even being able to see the black and white mask on the model. I just want to be able to see the black and white mask I painted, and right now the mask icon is so small it's hard to tell what's going on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update hand painted mask

If a mask is created by generators, when model changed UV, SP auto rebaked those things. But that is not the case for masks that painted by hand, if they can be updated or rebaked when model change UV, it will be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improving the designer/painter material interlinking.

Although in principle Substance Painter and Substance Designer should sit hand in hand, I feel there's still a big divide between the two. I have found that I have to keep the interactions as basic and minimal as i can. I make something in designer, then i bake it all down and send it to painter. I dream of a day where the two don't feel so distant.

When making complex materials in designer, the integration into painter becomes slow and temperamental. Id solve this by importing my material as pre-baked textures. However there are times when you want to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MultiPath Export options

Hi everyone,

It would be cool to be able to setup the export path by Texture set.

My example here is I work on creating textures for a wardrobe and I need to export in different folders each texture set.

My proposition is to put a MultiPath button in the export window to allow people to setup 1 path by textureset. With no needs of a scripting workaround. As an artist we are not all good with scripts ;)

I put a quick UI proposition for that

Thanks guys

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Substance Painter CPU & GPU usage

The Substance Painter uses huge amounts of CPU as well as GPU(mainly this) as we all know. Even when the Substance Designer and B2M work perfectly fine on some systems, the Painter just hangs and doesn't even go beyond fluctuating between "responding" and "not responding".
    I would really really realllllly appreciate if Allegorithmic could optimize the Substance Painter and make it much much less dependent on the
    GPU(even though i know it cant work without it).
    Also, please do something about people who have very low VRAM and Graphics card specs.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Buttons (values 0.0000) / functionality

since the lack of design/functionality in buttons is obvious,
    would really help to be able to move freely not by stepped units

currently UV scale, UV offset, UV rotation move by "X" value
    (0.0X00) instead of starting from the lowest possible option (0.000X)

for example keep the snapping active but when press "shift" or some other key you are able to move softly

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. .Sbsar file export.

Hello.
    Substance painter need a sbsar file export feature, this feature is really great and usfull then the standard image export, because after texturing our asset sbsar file will allow us to play with multiple options and overriders.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hand painted textures features

Dear Allegorithmic,
    We all love your soft. All what we want is make it more greater and functional for more users (include us). As i wrote in this tread before (https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/261284-substance-painter/suggestions/10275693-handpaint-textures) - please add a separate palette panel, color picker hotkey (only color, not material), merge layers function and ability to "apply" effects (filters, levels etc.) - last function will also improve performance troubles. Also will be very nice to have color brush smudge/mixing function, for making nice and smooth color mixing.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MIDI support

MIDI support

Ability to assign midi controller knobs and faders to any sliders (brush size, opacity, color, etc), dropdown lists, camera zoom and rotate, instrument selection, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It can't paint the texture out of the model region.

you can see on this screenshot, I just need a little bit of the brush and the brush circle is out of the model rigion then I can't paint it. how I can finish this step?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hotkeys for brush type.

I have my favorite brushes, and i want be able to bind my hotkeys to speed up the work. For example: Default Soft brush-"Alt+D", Dirt 1-"Alt+A", Scratches 4-"Alt+S" etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Paint multiple objects at once. Single click UV projection (All) to tri-planar (All). Separate export locations per map

Paint multiple objects at once.

It's pretty much self explanatory, it would be nice to paint over multiple meshes/textures. You could add a new button "add multi-paint layer to all" and allow us to paint all meshes at once. Currently I have to jump to third party software every-time I want to do this. I know you can make layers and jump between them but that takes so much time and you still can't quite get what you're after.

Single click UV projection (All) to tri-planar (All).

I really like having the tri-planar effect as an option but what I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Toggle Wireframe Keyboard Shortcut

First off, thanks for implementing wireframe mode while painting.

I use maximized viewport mode for painting. Sometimes I'd like to follow the topology better with my brush, so I use wireframe overlay.

It would give me better workflow if the overlay could be toggled with a keyboard shortcut, instead of exiting the maximized mode, wait for the menus to redraw, navigate to Viewer Settings, scroll down and toggle wireframe, then going back to maximized mode.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Projection and Stencil Rotate - Adjustable Pivot Point

(similar to other requests, but just this one particular part)
    It would be really useful to be able to define the rotation point when painting in projection mode.

It's a real pain to be all zoomed into some edge/corner detail on my projection image and want to rotate it a bit. Either I have to rotate it probably off-screen and have to guess if it's rotated the correct amount, or zoom out so I can see it as I rotate, but have it be at the wrong scale and postion.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rotate around the axis of the screen (viewer) plane the object (kind of tilt or bank)

It would be a time saver to be able to rotate around the axis of the screen (viewer) plane the object because it's not that easy to get the right alignment with the current navigation tools

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Be able to change Blend Modes in Texture Set Settings

Every time I need to change blend modes for separate channels I need to:

-Change the drop-down menu in Layers
    -Then go to the layer
    -and then change the opacity, blend type, within the layer
    -but If I have to change the setting in another chanel type...
    -I have to go back and do it all over again

Is there perhaps a way we can have this functionality within the Texture Set Settings? There is a lot of space there. An opacity slider and what blend type is being used.

Thanks Allegorithmic!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Feedback and Knowledge Base