Substance Painter

Let us know how to improve Substance Painter!

How can we improve Substance Painter?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Reload mesh button.

It would be nice to have a dedicated (plugin like) button that can reload project mesh on the fly. So that whenever I make changes to the mesh reloading the project mesh would be more convinient.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MultiPath Export options

Hi everyone,

It would be cool to be able to setup the export path by Texture set.

My example here is I work on creating textures for a wardrobe and I need to export in different folders each texture set.

My proposition is to put a MultiPath button in the export window to allow people to setup 1 path by textureset. With no needs of a scripting workaround. As an artist we are not all good with scripts ;)

I put a quick UI proposition for that

Thanks guys

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Paint multiple objects at once. Single click UV projection (All) to tri-planar (All). Separate export locations per map

Paint multiple objects at once.

It's pretty much self explanatory, it would be nice to paint over multiple meshes/textures. You could add a new button "add multi-paint layer to all" and allow us to paint all meshes at once. Currently I have to jump to third party software every-time I want to do this. I know you can make layers and jump between them but that takes so much time and you still can't quite get what you're after.

Single click UV projection (All) to tri-planar (All).

I really like having the tri-planar effect as an option but what I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Substance Painter CPU & GPU usage

The Substance Painter uses huge amounts of CPU as well as GPU(mainly this) as we all know. Even when the Substance Designer and B2M work perfectly fine on some systems, the Painter just hangs and doesn't even go beyond fluctuating between "responding" and "not responding".
    I would really really realllllly appreciate if Allegorithmic could optimize the Substance Painter and make it much much less dependent on the
    GPU(even though i know it cant work without it).
    Also, please do something about people who have very low VRAM and Graphics card specs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to change Blend Modes in Texture Set Settings

Every time I need to change blend modes for separate channels I need to:

-Change the drop-down menu in Layers
    -Then go to the layer
    -and then change the opacity, blend type, within the layer
    -but If I have to change the setting in another chanel type...
    -I have to go back and do it all over again

Is there perhaps a way we can have this functionality within the Texture Set Settings? There is a lot of space there. An opacity slider and what blend type is being used.

Thanks Allegorithmic!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It can't paint the texture out of the model region.

you can see on this screenshot, I just need a little bit of the brush and the brush circle is out of the model rigion then I can't paint it. how I can finish this step?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hotkeys for brush type.

I have my favorite brushes, and i want be able to bind my hotkeys to speed up the work. For example: Default Soft brush-"Alt+D", Dirt 1-"Alt+A", Scratches 4-"Alt+S" etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Import Resources default values

When importing resources to the shelf, the default values should be set to the most common — at the moment the default resource type is "undefined" and the default directory is blank. Both of these are the least useful of the possible options, so why make them default? If the default resource type is "Texture" then 80% of the time, I won't even have to touch that button. "Current Session" is probably the most reasonable default for resource directory.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hand painted textures features

Dear Allegorithmic,
    We all love your soft. All what we want is make it more greater and functional for more users (include us). As i wrote in this tread before (https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/261284-substance-painter/suggestions/10275693-handpaint-textures) - please add a separate palette panel, color picker hotkey (only color, not material), merge layers function and ability to "apply" effects (filters, levels etc.) - last function will also improve performance troubles. Also will be very nice to have color brush smudge/mixing function, for making nice and smooth color mixing.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Button to save Bake settings without actually baking

The baking tool has 3 buttons:
    Cancel
    Bake all texture sets
    Bake (current) textures

Please add another button to close the dialog but keep any changes you made to the settings.

Scenario - you go into the dialog, set everything up, then find you have the wrong Texture Set selected. Hitting Cancel throws away the changes you made, so you have to start again.

An alternative would be to add a drop-down in the dialog to select the Texture Set.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Anchor point support for PBR material layering pipeline

would be great to have anchor points working in material layering pipline as well. At the moment it works only within layers of each material.This would allow users to use anchor point across other layers used in other materials.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Apply Smart Material to multiple TextureSets

Apply Smart Material to multiple TextureSets

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. i would love to start working with substance painter but im hopelessly lost

my email is geniusthemaster@yahoo.com and

i cant seem to get started in substance painter.

i get lost in the sea of buttons.

i would like to import a mesh and paint upon the surface and make a skin for many peices of art but i dont know where to start, or end |o.o| .

if someone could upload a video of how to do all these steps in a short video i would appreciate it so much

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Resolution export checklist

Hi, I came up with an idea for a, (RESOLUTION EXPORT CHECKLIST), sometimes with a multiple texture list, it will get kind of hard to remember resolution for export, for example, when I go to export, sometimes I would have to flip back and forth to see what item to pick for a certain resolution, I know i can pick the resolution before I go to export, but my computer slows down. So that is why I came up with a (RESOLUTION EXPORT CHECKLIST), and at the same time keeping my computer fast and snappy. Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add project specific color swatch library

All Painter projects should contain custom color swatch library that are used for that asset (similar to Mari). One should be able to rename the colors to custom name as well. This is userful when multiple artists work on the same asset at different times and reduce guess work. Please implement this as its fairly a simple feature but very helpful in a studio environment.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Baking Controls

Baking Controls

Having interactive options for baking like marmoset toolbag has. The feature like Bake groups and Quick loading via naming conventions will be of great help. Follow this link to see marmoset toolbag baking feature in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_2LlmbFBbc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple UV sets for channels

- Possibility to choose from multiple UV sets for different channels (albedo, normal, AO,...) would be nice. In ArmA 3 we use 2.nd UVset for stuff like Ambient Occllusion, Macro maps, Detail textures. 1st UVset we use for Diffuse, Normal, etc.

This would really improve our workflow.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Link" - "Instance" - "Reference" or "Anchor" same Smart Material into multiple Texture Sets

It would be great if we could make a reference of a Folder or Smart Material into multiple texture sets. That way you could change aspects of the material "globally" and break the connection on specific parts of the Shader if necessary. Right now I have to manually copy and paste same material over several Texture Sets.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 语言问题

我看到substance painter2017.1新增四种语言,然而我在语言界面只能看到英语和日语,我在想你们是不是忘记添加了中文,谢谢,中国是个很大的国家,希望你们能够尽快支持中文。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Saving the UI

Saving the UI as a file that can be loaded on any computer.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance Painter

Feedback and Knowledge Base